Child Support

When it comes to the issue of Child Support, the first port of call for separated parents is the Child Support Agency. It is important to realise that you have choices as to how Child Support issues are resolved. Questions such as whether you should have the Child Support Agency assess and collect child support or whether to resolve the issue of child support through a private limited or binding child support agreement are legal issues whose answers are unique to each case and depend on the circumstances and expectations of the parties. Some parties prefer to use private agreements if the parties are able to agree on how the child support is to be spent (such as on private school fees, medical expenses, extra-curricular activities, or setting up a savings account or trust fund for the child to be used when they are older). We strongly recommend you obtain both independent legal and financial advice when deciding which method you should aim to use.

Contact us today if you have any queries in relation to Child Support and we would be more than happy listen to your situation and help you work out a strategy to achieve an outcome to suit your requirements.